MyFitnessPal Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, February 13, 2012

Venison Stuffed Peppers from "Paleo Comfort Foods"

Yesterday afternoon, while I was making my grocery list, I flipped through the "Paleo Comfort Foods" cookbook and found a recipe for stuffed peppers. One of my favorite dishes, even though I have never made them myself, it is easy and fun to make and kiddos can help with mixing!

I'm not going to describe the entire recipe and how to make it because I followed the step-by-step in the book. I will however, describe the minor changes I made to accommodate what I had available.

I'm fresh out of venison, so I used instead ground pork and turkey breast. Also, I like the peppers a little more crisp when finished, so I did not boil them as the recipe calls for. Also, instead of mixing in the bacon from the beginning of the recipe, I added it on top of the meat with a couple of minutes left on the oven timer and switched to broil.

On a scale of 1-10, I give this one a solid 9! It is very well though out, simple to make (although I took longer than expected because it was my first time making them) and you can make easy changes to the recipe without throwing it out of whack. 

To compliment, I made some spicy guacamole and put a dob of it on top when served. 

This is a brightly colored and fun recipe to make. I highly recommend this as a regular dish because you can change the ingredients to fit what ever you want and they make easily transported individual meals.

Peppers fresh out of oven, before adding guacamole.


If you do not already have "Paleo Comfort Foods" I seriously recommend you make the purchase immediately. You can get it by clicking HERE.

Other cookbooks for differing recipes that I like are "The Primal Blueprint Cookbook" by Mark Sisson and "Everyday Paleo" by Sarah Fragaso (particularly good because the first half of the book is her real life story about bringing the whole family through the paleo switch).

No comments:

Post a Comment