MyFitnessPal Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Eh, bland dinner but AWESOME DESSERT!

I wanted to do an awesome crock pot recipe with chicken and vegetables. I didn't want to worry about cooking for dinner tonight, nor have a lot of clean-up following. My timing was off though so that kind of screwed up my meal. Though, not completely, as I was still able to serve when I had planned, the meal was still missing something and a little on the bland side.

Basically, I wanted to do a pulled chicken meal with zucchini, summer squash, sweet potatoes and a base of garlic sauteed kale. The problem was with the sweet potatoes. I thought it wouldn't take more than 2 1/2 hours in the crock pot for the cubed sweet potatoes to cook, but it ended up taking closer to 4 1/2. I was still able to serve the rest of the meal so it was, as they said in Apollo 13, "a successful failure." Not to worry though. I will get this one right and when I do, I will post pictures and the recipe!

Now, on to something much more interesting! DESSERT!!!

I finally got a chance to sample two Paleo Approved frozen desserts that I have heard much about. This was a bonus for me because I L-O-V-E ice cream and giving it up was a very hard thing for me to do.

The first dessert is an ice cream type bar made by So Delicious. It is their coconut almond mini sandwich and it is soooo light and awesome!!! How can you go wrong with this one? It is coconut, almonds and chocolate!

The second dessert is another ice cream style dessert by Purely Decadent. This one is the Coconut Milk Mint Chip dessert and it tops even the coconut almond mini bars! It was so light and fluffy, more like a finely shaved cup of ice than a heavy cream cup of ice cream.

Both of these desserts are awesome and new favorites! They have helped me get over my cravings for ice cream at night. They are both comparable to ice cream in regards to calories though so careful you don't over do it with these. You very easily can!

No comments:

Post a Comment