MyFitnessPal Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Going Paleolithic, and so far loving it!

First, this blog is an offshoot from my main blog called "My Triathlon Training" (http://dabtriathlontraining.blogspot.com/) in which I chronicle my fitness and lifestyle changes as I prepare for my first ever Triathlon.

The purpose of this blog is to expand on my dietary lifestyle changes as I bring my body's nutritional needs back to the basics and keep things simply as they would have been 10,000 or more years ago. Eliminating processed grains and dairy and increasing my intake of lean meats, vegetables and fruits has been a little difficult so far, but I am getting the hang of it.

What's the reason for my changes? Basically, I want, no, NEED, to change how I treat my body inside and out and the best way to do that is to provide the intake that homo sapiens have evolved to eat over the last 2,000,000 years.

So, this week marks the first week in which I have eliminated all dairy, alcohol and about 99% of the grains from my intake. Not 100% of the grains because, in properly timed meals, a few minimally processed whole grains are beneficial to my running and cycling training.

So here we go! Stay tuned as I publish more than just the basics of what I ate for the day, but provide simple, exciting and tasty meal recipes that I've either come across from someone else or have created on my own!

The first two recipe books for meal ideas are "Everyday Paleo" by Sarah Fragaso and "The Primal Blueprint Cookbook" by Mark Sisson.

No comments:

Post a Comment